Sunday, March 15, 2009

WHAT TO DO WHEN YOU HAVE THE FLU...


Having suffered a week of the flu with accompanying cough, congestion, runny nose, aches and pains, and doses of Tylernol and antibiotics, I found the only thing that gave me some relief was watching DVDs. Television annoyed me with the commercials, HBO wasn't offering much, and magazines and books seemed to bore or demand too much concentration. A book I had been looking forward to finding time to read, The Human Stain, I found too depressing a quarter way in. Even the DVDs had to have a certain 'something'. I was quite particular in what would give me some relief from my moribund state of mind.

Obviously, tonight I am finally feeling better, and while I was thinking about the DVDs that helped the week go by, I thought I'd make a list of DVDs that might entertain my gurls whether they have the flu or not.

So, here is a list of the 10 best cross dressing/transgender films that I have seen. If I miss one and someone feels inclined to make a comment like "I can't believe you didn't mention..." Just mention it. After all, isn't everyone a critic? Perhaps I should have a Flu List too, but this is The Academy, and so I'm keeping it of interest.


MY BEST TEN FILMS for Crossdressers to watch
















  • SOME LIKE IT HOT. Billy Wilder.
  • HEDWIG AND THE ANGRY INCH John Cameron Mitchell
  • THE ROCKY HORROR SHOW. Jim Sharman.
  • VELVET GOLDMINE. Todd Haynes
  • THE ADVENTURES OF PRISCILLA, QUEEN OF THE DESERT. Trevor Bar
  • MA VIE EN ROSE Alain Berliner
  • LA CAGE AUX FOLLES Ugo Tognazzi
  • THE CRYING GAME Neil Jordon.
  • TOOTSI Sidney Pollack.
  • Mrs. DOUBTFIRE. Chris Columbus.






And, I just want to take this opportunity to extend a WELCOME TO THE ACADEMY'S NEW FOLLOWERS. Glad to have you on board.

To my Academy pupils, I know I've not been around to teach you a thing or two, and no doubt you have been misbehaving or sulking in my absence, but I shall be back with a strong hand this coming... week.

Gosh, it's good to feel better!

Ms. London.